Entry tags:
( r6 ) perfect match voting.
Please fill out the following form when it is your character's group's turn to submit! The groups in question will be pasted each week in the toplevel.
Remember that IC, this plays out live--so a character's second choice is who they will pick in the off-chance their first choice is already chosen before they reach the podium.
Characters can pick from their own group; them being divided into the groups they are is totally random, and doesn't imply their perfect match is in the other group. They'll know this ICly as well.
Here's a reference for how the perfect match voting goes down in the show.
Go nuts, have fun, start drama!
You've got until Saturday morning (9 am EST) to have this submitted. Thanks!
Remember that IC, this plays out live--so a character's second choice is who they will pick in the off-chance their first choice is already chosen before they reach the podium.
Characters can pick from their own group; them being divided into the groups they are is totally random, and doesn't imply their perfect match is in the other group. They'll know this ICly as well.
Here's a reference for how the perfect match voting goes down in the show.
Go nuts, have fun, start drama!
You've got until Saturday morning (9 am EST) to have this submitted. Thanks!

week one
Mark Grayson
Wednesday Addams
Ritsuka Fujimaru
Kat
Dorothea Arnault
Josuke Higashikata
Maomao
no subject
Character Name: Josuke Higashikata
First Choice: Ritsuka Fujimaru - "We get along great, and I have fun around her. We're on the same wavelength with most things — so, she's the clear choice for me, right now. I've gotta win back my 500 yen, too!"
Second Choice: Mark Grayson - "I don't know, I guess it's like a hunch. I feel like we could really get along, man. I was telling someone else earlier, but you remind me of one of my friends."
Third Choice: Sanji - "I'm surprised myself, but we've got a lot in common. I respect him... I mean that."
no subject
First Choice: I pick Will! Why? I said it all already! Do I need to say it again? [ a beat, contemplative. ] Well I don't want to ☆.
[ though something seems to get his attention, maybe an errant thought that he just remembered. ]
I guess I'll say it makes sense. Don't make me say anymore or I'll cry.
Second Choice: Ritsuka. She's really nice and kind and she goes out of her way to help everyone else, no matter who they are. Even if they might be a murderer...
[ i am sorry he is not so subtly at all looking at akechi here. ]
Plus she's pretty cute too!
Third Choice: Mark. He said he'd protect me and I believe him. I don't need to say anymore than that, do I?
no subject
First Choice: Josuke Higashikata + "I just feel really comfortable around him already. He's a really great guy who cares for people maybe even more than they realize, and I'd like to keep spending time with him and getting to know him better. No more cheating, though!"
Second Choice: Lessing Maeyer + "He's still kind of a mystery to me, but he's always been willing to talk to me and we both want to get everyone through this to a victory. He's a pretty sweet guy and I hope we can spend more time together, if he's okay with it!"
Third Choice: Steve Burnside + "You know, he comes off as rough around the edges and I'm not really into flirts or guys who call people freaks for looking different, but I think there's also more to him than that and I've seen it from time to time. So I'd like to see how it goes."
no subject
No matter where Kat is in the picking order or which of her three choices comes up, Kat looks a little shy when she gets to the podium (it is a notable contrast to her usual demeanor, especially as someone who the cameras normally appear to love). She glances around a couple of times before she speaks.
First Choice: Ritsuka - "Eheh... so, I probably shouldn't start this out by talking about the things we aren't looking for, but what you said meant a lot to me. Plus, you gave me freebie sweets... are you really not used to people seeing how cool you are?"
Second Choice: Sanji - "You were pretty charming when we first met... I've never had someone run to catch me like that! And your food is really good, too. Sooo... I guess I'm basing this choice on thinking they might try and match me with someone who'd try to catch me every now and then?"
Third Choice: Mark - "Your looks stood out to me right away. You're super gorgeous and charming, even if you haven't picked up on it yet. I think we could be a match because you seem a little strong and silent, and maybe that makes us 'complimentary?' Would it be okay if we got to know each other a little better?"
i am PRAYING ritsuka gets up there first so we don't have a choice pileup and/or ritsukabowl this week... ME WHEN I AM THE STUPID BITCH ALWAYS MAKING THE INTRA-TEAM DOMINOS FALL. please god save me.
no subject
First Choice: Sanji. He came off very strong at first, but he seems very considerate and generous!
Second Choice: Lessing. Beneath that quiet and aloof exterior, he seems rather thoughtful...
Third Choice: Mark. There's a charming earnestness about him, and he's quite easy to get along with.
no subject
First Choice: Josuke
"He's handsome and kind... I dunno, I want to spend more time together. I really think we'll click."
Second Choice: Ritsuka
"I just feel like we might have a lot in common? And uh, she's really smart and pretty too."
Third Choice: Dorothea
"She's really cool and confident... I'd love to get to know her better."
no subject
First Choice: Kat. If we're operating in opposites... she's bright, and reminds me of someone.
Second Choice: Sanji. Is it enough to say he cooks well? I'll add that the fact he always considers others isn't a bad thing.
Third Choice: Akechi.
[ i'm sorry that's all he gets help ]
week two
Goro Akechi
Steve Burnside
Anna Yanami
Asa Mitaka
Lessing Maeyer
Will
if i'm lucky i won't have to edit this
First Choice: Anna + She's. . . amazing, you know? She's passionate and driven and isn't afraid to ask for what she wants. I admire her strength of heart. I admire the fact that she keeps going, even though she has experienced so much pain. And she. . . [here, he pauses, looking away with a light flush on his cheeks] . . . I think she really understands the kind of world I want to build. So. . . it couldn't be anyone else but her. That's what I believe.
Second Choice: Akechi + I told him he wasn't alone. I meant it. Now. . . I just want to prove it.
Third Choice: Minami + I. . . don't really know if we're a match for each other personality-wise. I don't really understand him-- and I think. . . he doesn't like me very much. But I'd like to understand him. I don't think he's a bad person, just very-- [erm] -- you know. And if that makes for a good match, then I suppose I can't look away.
no subject
First Choice: Will
I already told you why I was going to pick you. So there is no need to say it again. But to quote one of my favorite philosophers: Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. And passion is something you have in abundance thus you will do great things with it.
Second Choice: Anna
Don't you think we have a great deal in common, Anna-chan~
Third Choice: Kat
You jump, I jump. Is the famous movie quote, is it not? And I won't forget it. I don't think you're actually so adventurous but if you are into jumping off trains and fighting the demons of humanity at one am perhaps we'll get along better than I thought.
no subject
First Choice: Will; "Will-kun and I are undeniably a match! Besides my gut saying so, we... A girl never kisses and tells, but he knows. There's no one else I'd rather be with."
Second Choice: Mark; "Mark-kun's a really great guy! I feel like we gel super well together, and I like how sweet he is. Besides, he needs a confident girl, and who's more confident than me?"
Third Choice: Josuke; "Josuke-kun and I get along pretty well, and it's comforting to be around him. Also, we have the same opinions on cheating, so I know he'd never think about it for a second!"
NOW IN THE RIGHT SPOT
First Choice: Ritsuka + Seems like the chances we could be a match are pretty good, but more than anything we get along well.
Second Choice: Dorothea + I'd like to learn more about her musical opinions.
Third Choice: Kat + She's a nice girl.
(Lessing will not be saying more than this, even if prompted he'll just kind of shrug. He gave his reasons, and that's good enough).
no subject
First Choice: Ritsuka - "I said you were cool, right? I meant that. But you didn't seem convinced you were cute, too, so here's your proof. You're cute as hell." (he might look embarrassed saying that last bit once it's out, but whatever!!)
Second Choice: Anna - "You know, I wasn't expecting you to be so fun to hang out with. I know Will's your true love or whatever, but humor me!"
Third Choice: Kat - "She was pretty cute on our date, and I like her accent."
Re: week two
First Choice: Goro Akechi: "Yeah, I know we aren't a match. But this is what we both deserve."
Second Choice: Anna Yanami (but only if Will goes before this, I'm sorry for making your life harder Cal): "What, did you think I'd let you sit there alone? You're my best friend... I'll always be ready to pick you."
Third Choice: Sanji: "This isn't because I think we're a match or anything. Don't make it weird."
no subject
First Choice: Asa + Asa is awfully cute, don't you think? She's honest and caring—maybe even more than she realizes. There are important things she has to do, so I want to protect her heart in the meantime.
Second Choice: Anna (if Will is no longer available) + We have a few things in common, but especially when it comes to romance. She also supports my dream as I do hers. Not bad for a potential match, eh?
Third Choice: Ritsuka + Ritsuka is always looking out for everyone like it's nothing. Still, if she allows it, I'll pledge my knightly service to her, so that she doesn't have to shoulder those responsibilities alone.
Josuke would have been his third choice . . . but Sanji thinks he bombed that connection by being himself, so bye-bye, bi bridge.
no subject
Character Name: Josuke Higashikata
First Choice: Kat - "I mean, she's got a really good attitude, definitely one of the nicest people here. It's an easy enough pick for me. But I'd really rather go somewhere less scary with her, next time..."
Second Choice: Dorothea - "She's got a cool vibe, great style, and she's really confident. I feel like we'd get along great if we got to know each other more."
surprise....... kat...... haha
[As the other pairs are all chosen, even Kat, working with her minimal brain cells, is starting to do cat lady math. After a few have been picked, the group might have heard a very strangled "ack," later than others, probably, as the pieces started clicking.]
Um... So this turned out pretty bad, didn't it? Actually, I'm kinda disappointed.
I'm not the best at strategizing, so that it's being left to me is a little intimidating now. But I did think about who I'd choose if I was called up here this week. If I'd known what was going to happen, I wonder if I would have done things differently this week... We're taking a bet on Ritsuka and Lessing today, so I think it's best if I choose someone new and see what happens. [She gives Maomao and apologetic smile.]
I still believe in everyone, and I'll do whatever I can to secure a future for us. Even if it means giving up my wish, I'll try to look out for the people here.
So, eh... let's see...
First Choice: Mark - "Maybe it's kind of a long shot based on everything we've found out this week, but I still want to believe that trusting our hearts isn't the most terrible thing we can do. You're handsome and gentle and you make me feel... totally normal, sometimes, in the best of ways."
Second Choice: Dorothea - "Last week, I wondered if some of us might have been paired off because of how we'd use our wish. What you want for the world sounds really wonderful, Dorothea, and I'd really like to help you get it. Gosh, of course you're pretty, but you've got such a beautiful dream, too! Maybe that makes us a good match."
Third Choice: Minami - "I'm having a hard time understanding you. Maybe being opposites really is the way to go with our choices. Tsukasa likes you, doesn't he? That means there must be something I'm not getting, so... I'll try to understand you a little bit better. Don't think this means I'll let you get away with any funny business or causing other people strife!"
week three
Mark Grayson
Ritsuka Fujimaru
Kat
Dorothea Arnault
Josuke Higashikata
no subject
Character Name: Kat
[Kat takes a deep breath when she gets up to the podium, shaking out both of her arms as she sets up her preamble.] I've got a really difficult choice right now! A lot depends on the lights we get this week and what they can prove, so I hope people are
I hope somebody brought that paper from the house that we're not supposed to have...
First Choice: Akechi - Has your perception of me changed since the start? Because you told me you think it's impossible, but it seems like it kinda has.
I don't want to stand up here with the guy who's scared of that change, who lets getting hurt make him forget that others are just doing their best with their hopes and dreams. I want the guy who gave me his coat and wants to do normal things and cares when someone else is up.
But this is it. I can't go through another week like this one. It's not fair to anybody... or to me. Be the person you want to be and be that person for the rest of the time we're here. Whatever person that is, lock in as him. People can think differently about you based on what you show them... and some never will. But you have to try. You gotta jump.
[She turns to the group, grinning sheepishly.] I know this is kinda out of left field after we tried so hard, but I've got a plan! Really. If everything we talked about last night was right, this is gonna be one less light, guaranteed. That helps, right?
Second Choice: Steve - You know, you're actually really cool? I could tell you were kind of sensitive when you went along with that odd job down at the diner. And I love your hair! It makes you look so mysterious and edgy, like a billboard model!
If Will is right and we're supposed to be a match, I could totally see it. We could have a lot of fun together, and... it'd be nice, you know, if we could go out and do stuff like that diner thing more often? As long as I didn't end up working again... Just normal things. That'd be fun. If we get good results, let's hang out more together, okay?
Third Choice: Josuke - We get along pretty great, and I think our opinions about protecting and saving people are a lot alike, right? There are some things it's really hard for us to accept and things we'll keep fighting for until the very end. You were willing to stick up for people you've never even met... I don't know why, but that felt really important to me when I heard it.
But... you think about things way different than I do, and you're super reliable. That's why I think we could complement each other. It'd make sense; you could say we both just kind of hit the... eheheh, the "mark!" You're a great guy. We'd make a great team. By any chance, are you look for a job as a hometown hero?
no subject
First Choice: Josuke - "We might as well give it another shot to see if we were one of those lucky lights last week, right? You've got that easygoing, stylish vibe of yours and a lot of care in your heart for others... It's hard to say no to a winning combination like that."
Second Choice: Mark - "You manage to convince me to go out of my comfort zone and feel totally safe in doing so. The time we've spent together has been fun, and I have to say that it's so charming when I get you to blush."
Third Choice: Kat - "You're so cute and considerate, and the energy you have when excited is infectious. I hope you don't mind me stealing you away as my choice tonight."
[yes all three of her choices are on her own team, don't look at her.]
no subject
Character Name: Josuke Higashikata
First Choice: Sanji - "You said I understand you the most... if that's how you really feel, then I'm going to risk it and believe we're matched. I said it right at the beginning - I admire you. My opinion hasn't changed. But — don't even think of complaining over a guy like me picking you, or I'm seriously gonna kick your ass."
Second Choice: Dorothea - "It could be us, right, with all the lights last time? You're smart, confident, cool... and way tougher than me, probably, hah. Hope you don't mind me picking you twice in a row."
Third Choice: Steve - "Listen.... I know you're not into guys, I just think my match is probably on the other team. You're a pretty cool guy, nonetheless."
no subject
First Choice: Kat
"I really do think it's us... But that aside, I like spending time with you. You're cute and sweet and kind and I think we have a lot in common... I'd love to be totally normal with you."
Second Choice: Anna
"You're on a different team, so it makes sense to pick you, right? ... You're really kind, and thoughtful, and astute. You care about people, and I think you can make me a better person." [ under his breath and looking off to the side in an immediate nullifying of this particular point: ] "Besides, confidence is supposed to be sexy, right..."
Third Choice: Goro
"I know we're not a match. I don't care. I think it's more important to show you that there are people who will listen to you, and care, and that you can still get something more after all of this."
no subject
First Choice: Tsukasa- I like him a lot! A lot, a lot, more than whipped cream on an ultra deluxe parfait! Huh? You wanna know that means? I'd tell you but I don't wanna kill him, so too bad.
But fiiiine if you want one more thing—he's really cute and has pretty eyes and he makes the best facial expressions! And he wants to be a star but he's definitely one already with how bright and magnificent he is, hehe. I think I'm gonna have to buy sunglasses to be with him, but that's okay ★.
[ that was a lot more than one thing but minami hasn't seemed to have noticed or doesn't care, given his sharp grin. ]
Second Choice: Anna- If nothing makes sense, this makes the most sense! You know, I really didn't like her that much but she knows what she wants which is better than pretty much everyone here. Sorry, is that mean? Well I'm kinda mad right now so you should be thanking me instead.
Third Choice: Kat- Hahahaha, how did we wind up here? I know myself best even if I'm not interested anymore, so too bad. Oh but I gotta give more of a comment, right? Then when we blackout you should take Akechi's wish since he's worth nothing anyway!
week four
Will
Sanji
Josuke
Minami
Re: week four
First Choice: Dorothea - "Apparently, the numbers are saying it's you and me... Here's hoping they're right. To be honest, I... I just figured you were way too good for me." (He looks fairly embarrassed to admit this.) "I'm sorry I didn't talk to you more. "
Second Choice: these will never be seen?? his backup choice is Kat though. if for some godforsaken reason the votes get thrown: "One or the other, right? She's pretty cute and nice, and we already did domestic stuff together."
Third Choice: asa -- "We've got way more in common than I thought. I thought you were a real witch, but... I'm kind of a prick, too, when I think about it. Too bad it took so long to find out - maybe we could've been buddies."
no subject
First Choice: Akechi + [he is actually quiet for a moment after making his choice, mulling over his words, as if he wasn't able to settle on the right ones before the ceremony. but. . . after a short period of silence, he nods, voice quiet when he speaks]
. . . so he may live a better life when all of this is over. One. . . of his own choosing.
Second Choice: Steve + I'M. NOT GONNA LIE, IF HE WINDS UP HAVING TO CHOOSE HIS SECOND CHOICE HE WILL BE TOO SHOCKED TO SAY SOMETHING REALLY NICE, BUT I'LL TRY.
[eyes a little wide as he makes his choice, staring out at everyone still out in the audience like ???]
I-- [help. it's clear he didn't expect this. but. . . he tries anyway, gaze flickering towards Steve, features softening] Because. . . well.
. . . I enjoyed the time I spent with him. He has a very charming side. . . and he can make someone feel appreciated just by being honest.
tortured jamsy....
Character Name: Josuke Higashikata
First Choice: Kat!!!!!
"Honestly, this is my third time up here, and I've gotta say... I feel lucky that every time I've sat with someone, it's been someone I really got along with and admired." Before he continues, he'll turn his head back to give a small smile to Dorothea and Sanji, and then to Mark. Only then does he continue, fondly and not at all derogatorily: "Today's no different, 'cause Kat is my match. You know that when two of us from Team Wonder had to pick in week two? I was thinking of picking you, dumbass!
But it's cool, 'cause now I get to pick you and be confident it's you. Since the beginning, we've gotten along great, right? But the last few weeks, I've noticed how cool you really are. I think you're a lot more resilient and tough than people give you credit for. You're the kind of person I feel like I can rely on... whether that's in a fight, or just to listen to what's on my mind.
I wanna be friends for a long time after this — so let's think of this like a "start," not a "finish.""
Second Choice: ummmmmmmm TSUKASA I GUESS on the off chance things go to shit
"Looking at who's left, I think I'll pick Tsukasa. If our plan's fallen apart to this stage, we might as well gamble on the idea that one of our assumed matches is wrong — not that I wouldn't pick Tsukasa under other circumstances. He's a cool guy, and he's working hard... sorry this has been so stressful, man."
making my way downtown while honking my clown nose
First Choice: Asa ♡ + Sanji spins around after stating his choice, falls to one knee, and presents his homemade bouquet (quite lovely and vibrant, and even more impressive than the one he brought to their first and only solo date) in Asa's direction. With his eyes closed, head held high, and a hand to his chest where his heart beats proudly, he delivers an impassioned speech:
"Oh, my princess! Wait for me as I come ashore in search of your warm embrace. The radiant majesty of your beauty pierces the darkened confines of my trembling shell . . . My love for you is undying, bound to outlast 200 million years!"
Still grinning, he opens his eyes.
"I don't know the first thing about perfect matches; however, no matter the result, my feelings for you won't change. I love you, Asa! I'll stay by your side for as long as I draw breath to see you smile. If it's for you, I'll even become the demon of the Blue Sea and more!"
He lingers for several beats as if to relish the moment. Then, sobering, he rises to his feet with a closed-lip smile.
"Sorry for everything till now. If I'm enough for you . . . let's lock in together."
Second Choice: Anna + He just smiles like a doofus. Oops? Teehee.
back by unpopular demand
First Choice: Tsukasa
[ minami bounds up to the stage, giving a twirl to show off his outfit, shameless as always. ]
Hi again! You know, I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying this? It's pretty weird cuz I'm a demon, but I gave up thinking about it a while ago. Or maybe I just went crazy. I always thought "crazy in love" was such a stupid saying butttttt—
—I love Tsukasa! I could shout it in so many ways, and I will eventually, but I need to pace myself. I don't wanna explode! And we have so many plans, like going out to dinner, going to Mexico...hehe.
Oh, I almost forgot the why part. I still don't really get it, but- he's always wanted me around, no matter what mood I'm in or which me I'm being. That makes me feel really, really, happy and I've never been shy about what I like, so I can't be shy about what I love either. So, I love you, Tsukasa!
Second Choice: Kat (this is the clown show universe that won't happen, right?)
This is all Akechi's fault, obviously. So I'm picking Kat, the only person who could possibly think to pick him now. Not that I think it'll really piss him off—I can't beat Will there no matter what I do—but also I've never really cared about him.
It's kinda funny that he goes out of his way to insult me, like it'd actually hurt my feelings. But he's just a pathetic sadsack of a human who doesn't matter at all, cuz he made it that way.
[ production absolutely stops him here because he would keep going, because he picked kat and not akechi. ]
Oh right, something about Kat—she's pretty cute and likes sweets. Happy now?